Draft Logistics Policy of Govt of India-The Future for Logistics Automation is Bright
The Logistics division in the Department of Commerce was created consequent to the amendment to the second schedule of the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961, on 7th July 2017, that allocated the task of “Integrated development of Logistics sector” to the Department of Commerce. The division is headed by a Special Secretary to Govt of India and has been given the mandate to develop an Action Plan for the integrated development of the logistics sector in the country, by way of policy changes, improvement in existing procedures, identification of bottlenecks and gaps and introduction of technology in this sector.
Logistics division has also planned to create an IT backbone and develop a National Logistics Information Portal which will be also an online Logistics marketplace that will serve to bring together the various stakeholders viz logistics service providers, buyers as well as Central & State Government agencies such as Customs, DGFT, Railways, Ports, airports, inland waterways, coastal shipping etc., on a single platform.
The planned activities of the Logistics division shall have an impact not only on the domestic movement of goods by bringing down the overall cost and increasing the speed and ease of goods movement, but shall also contribute towards making Indian goods more competitive in the global market. With the improvement in India’s ranking in the Logistics Performance Index (LPI), Indian exports shall automatically see an enhanced growth.
Key Highlights are:
- National Integrated Logistics Portal in the Pipeline
- Integrated development of Logistics sector- will enable the sector to avail infrastructure lending at easier terms with enhanced limits, access to larger volume of funds as External Commercial Borrowings (ECB) and access to longer tenure funds from insurance companies
- Integrated knowledge and information sharing platform
- Driving logistics cost as a % of GDP down from estimated current levels of 13-14% to 10% in line with best-in-class global standards
- Creating a National Logistics e-marketplace as a one stop marketplace. It will involve simplification of documentation for exports/imports and drive transparency through digitization of processes involving Customs, PGAs etc in regulatory, certification and compliance services
- To create Logistics Center of Excellence
- Creating a data and analytics center
- Doubling employment in the logistics sector by generating additional 10-15 million3 jobs
- Encouraging adoption of green logistics in the country
Download the Draft Logistics Policy Here:
Draft Logistics Policy Dept of Commerce
CONTACT FOR SEEKING SUPPORT TO PLAN & IMPLEMENT LOGISTICS AUTOMATION IN YOUR ORGANIZATION
M/S S.J. EXIM SERVICES- Q-FREIGHT TEAM
Web: www.q-freight.com www.sjeximtech.com
TEL NO: +91-9999005379
ALL SERVICES & INQUIRIES ARE PAID SERVICE ONLY. KINDLY SOLICIT YOUR INQUIRY WITHOUT PREJUDICE THROUGH EMAIL ONLY……………………………………….DISCLAIMER: PLEASE REFER TO OFFICIAL SOURCES BEFORE EFFECTING A DECISION
You must log in to post a comment.