BORN IN INDIA I SERVED FROM INDIA I TO THE GLOBE
BIS Certification Scheme for Milk and Milk Product
Bureau of Indian Standards has developed a new and first-of-its-kind certification scheme for milk and milk products covering all elements of Food Safety Management System, Product Certification and Process Certification for dairies with effect from 23rd December 2021.
Conformity Assessment Scheme for Milk and Milk Products
This unique scheme integrates product certification, management system certification and process requirements with the objective of giving a holistic approach to quality ecosystem in the dairy and milk production sector envisaging to fulfil regulatory, product, and system requirements. Conformity under this scheme will ensure food safety across the milk processing chain, from the farmer to the retail point.
Key features and benefits of certification of milk and milk products:
- Single Point Quality Certification This Comprehensive certification scheme covers all elements of Food Safety Management System as per IS/ISO 22000 along with Product Certification as per relevant Indian Standards and Process Certification as per NDDB’s Quality Mark guidelines
- Saves Money-Reduction in cost of certification to dairy units
- Saves time- Reduced audit and inspection time
- Increased marketability and brand name-Through these certification dairies can win customer confidence and enhance their brand image
Fee Structure for Certification of Milk and Milk Products:
- Application Fee: ₹. 1000/-
- Audit Fee: (Applicable for initial audit and re-certification audit only)
(a) For units located within India:
- (i) Large Industrial Enterprises- ₹. 12,000/- per manday
- (ii) Micro, Small and Medium Industrial Enterprises- ₹. 9,000/- per manday
Travel limited to a distance of 250 km from the location of the unit and stay of auditors on actual basis shall be borne by the manufacturer.
Relaxation in audit fee: up to ₹4,000/- per manday for Large Industrial Enterprises and ₹3,000/- per manday for MSME.
(b) For units located outside India:
- (i) ₹ 12,000/-per manday shall be chargeable.
- (ii) all other expenses on actual basis
- Licence fee/re-certification fee: The yearly licence or re-certification fee
Under this scheme, licence(s) may be granted by the Bureau to a dairy unit/ organization–
- When compliance of Food Safety Management System implemented by a dairy unit/ organization to the requirements given in IS/ISO 22000 is demonstrated,
- When conformity of milk and milk products to the corresponding Indian Standards is established, and
- When compliance of process parameters as prescribed in this scheme is demonstrated
Download the Official Notification/Circular/PN below:
Source: BIS, Min of Consumer Affairs, Govt of India
Connect with us
@ Team S.J. EXIM SERVICES, New Delhi
CP: Mr. Ravi Jha/+91-9999005379