Circular No. 15/2019-Customs
Dated: 07th June 2019
Subject: Forwarding of samples for testing to the Outside Laboratories- reg.
- Refer to the Board Circular No. 43/2017-Customs dated 16th November, 2017 on the subject above cited. In the said Circular, a list of items, the samples of which could not be tested in the revenue laboratories was provided in the Annexure.
- The Revenue Laboratories have now acquired testing facilities for some of the samples listed in the said Annexure following the up-gradation and induction of more sophisticated equipment. These items are listed in Annexure I annexed with this Circular.
- Additionally, Revenue Laboratories have also acquired the facility for testing items provided in Annexure II of this Circular.
- Field formations may therefore first ensure with their respective jurisdictional laboratories that the testing facilities for any particular items listed in the said Circulars are not available with them before forwarding such samples to outside Laboratory(s) listed therein.
- Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs are requested to issue suitable Public notice to bring the same to notice of all concerned.
Download Annexure I & II of the Circular below:
FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE PLEASE CONTACT–
M/s S.J. EXIM Services- Q-Freight Team
Contact Person: Ravi Shekhar Jha
Disclaimer: Please refer to official sources before effecting a decision
“WE PROVIDE SPECIALIZED SERVICES / CONSULTANCY ON THE SUBJECT MATTER BY DEIGNING SOLUTIONS & IMPARTING THE NECESSARY TRAINING, IF REQUIRED. PLEASE PROVIDE A DETAILED OUTLINE OF YOUR QUERY / REQUIREMENT THROUGH EMAIL ONLY PREFERABLY”