BORN IN INDIA I SERVED FROM INDIA I TO THE GLOBE
Gati Shakti- Indian Railways
Feel free to connect with us for consulting on the Gati Shakti scheme and consulting on setting up your own Rail cargo terminal.
The Ministry of Railways has come up with a new Gati Shakti scheme to proliferate on the numbers of cargo terminals throughout the network of Indian railways.
- This policy seeks to promote proliferation of new Cargo Terminals and improve existing Cargo Terminals to accelerate the growth in Railways cargo traffic. All new as well as under-construction/under-approval Cargo Terminals (approved/proposed under Private Sidingor Private Freight Terminal policies) shall be covered by this Gati-Shakti Multi-Modal Cargo Terminal (GCT) policy.
- Existing Cargo Terminals, governed by Private Sidingor Private Freight Terminal policies, shall have the option to continue with their existing Agreements, or to migrate to this new GCT policy
Eligibility for GCT Operators (GCTO)
|Category||Supporting Documents(self-attested copies to be submitted/uploaded)|
|Individual/sole Proprietorship Firm||PAN and TAN|
|Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)||
|Company registered under Companies Act 2013||
|Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)||
|Registered Society/Registered Trust||
|Joint venture (JV) / Consortium||
(Note. On receipt of approval of Railway Administration for setting- up and/or operation of GCT, JV/Consortium shall have to convert into a legal entity − Firm/ Company/ LLP. Agreement shall be entered into by RA with the above legal entity only.)
Procedure for GCT (on Railway Land /Non-Railway land)
- Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) of the concerned Division shall be the Nodal Officer for all issues regarding setting up and/or operation of a GCT
- During approval and construction stage for setting up a new GCT. Senior Divisional Operations Manager (Sr.DOM) of the concerned divsion shall be the co-ordinating officer and after commissioning of the GCT, Senior Divisional Commercial Manager (Sr.DCM) shall be the co-coordinating officer
- The applicant will be required to submit an application to the DRM through on-line mode, along with an Application Fee of Rs. Twenty Thousand(Rs.20,000/-)(+ GST as applicable) in case of non-Railway land – either on-line or through a Demand Draft in favour of Senior Divisional Finance Manager (Sr.DFM) of the concerned Division. The online application shall be accepted with complete details only
- Selection for the GCT (for entirely /partially Railway land) will be based on open tender. The tenders for which will be invited separately
In Principle Approval
- In-Principle Approval (IPA) will be granted to the applicant with the approval of DRM- within twenty (20) working days of the receipt of the application
- Within four (04) weeks of the receipt of IPA, the applicant will submit details of the project along with Engineering Scale Plan(ESP)of the serving station/new Block Hut/Block station to the DRM along with complete details
- Security Deposit- The applicant will be required to submit a Security Deposit of Rs. Ten (10) Lakh only, which shall be refunded* on the date of commercial notification of the GCT
Construction and Monitoring of Progress
- The progress of the approval process would be reported regularly by Railway Authority on this portal
- After completion of work safety trial and final inspection will be conducted by the Railway on the request of the party
Signing of Agreements
- An Agreement for GCT shall be signed before the issue of commercial notification and operation of the GCT by Railway. Sr.DCM of the concerned Division shall be the signatory of the Agreement
- For existing Terminals migrating to this Policy, the period of Supplementary Agreement (to be signed as per the provisions of this Policy) shall be co-terminus with the existing Agreement
Download the GCT Policy below:
Some of Our Major/Reputed Clients:
- Winomechanic Pvt Ltd, Chennai
- LSML Pvt Ltd, Chennai
- Sun Pharmaceutical Limited, Mumbai
- Liberty Shoes Limited, Karnal
- Grant Instruments India Pvt Ltd, UK & India
- Guangzhou Xiongli Battery Co, Ltd, China
- Shanutec Shanghai Electronic Technology Co, Ltd, China
- BDO India LLP
In case you still face any issues related to EXIM Policies, Customs procedures, Indirect Tax related compliance procedures please feel free to get in touch with us at the below given email IDs.
We also offer railway rakes across India at the nearest railway siding of your choice. We Are a registered/authorized resellers for Railway rake bookings. Pls connect for your bookings for Wagon, Mini Rakes (20 wagons), Full rake cargo. Our organization code with Indian Railways is SJEX.
Come and explore the new way of doing business with us!
Connect with us
@ Team S.J. EXIM SERVICES, New Delhi
CP: Mr. Ravi Jha/+91-9999005379
“We Design & Create Solutions for Government, Corporates, MSME & Individuals across Industry Verticals”