BORN IN INDIA I SERVED FROM INDIA I TO THE GLOBE
Easy way of obtaining the LMPC Registration in India
All pre-packaged commodities imported into India shall confirm to the requirements of the Legal Metrology Act, 2009 and Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011.
Under the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011, the importer of pre-packaged commodity should be registered under Rule 27. The registration will be done by the Director or controller of Legal Metrology of the State and the registration Fees is INR 500 only however the other incidental expenses are additional.
Wherever the requirements of labelling are given in FSSA (Food Safety & standards Act 2006) in respect of food items, the labelling requirements under FSSA shall prevail over labelling requirements of Legal Metrology. Important sections of legal metrology Act 2009. Every unit of weight or measure shall be in accordance with the metric system based on the international system of units.
Application for Registration Of Importers Under Rule 27 of the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011
Key points to be remembered while submitting the application form
- The applicant having place of business in Delhi area can only Apply!
- Online Fees for Manufacturer Rs. 500/-, Repairer Rs. 100/-, Dealer Rs. 100/-, Importers Rs. 500/-, Packers Rs.500/-
- All document should be self-attested and uploaded in pdf file. The size of the pdf file should not be more than 2 MB
- If your file is more than 2 MB please reduce pdf file size
- Passport size photograph should be uploaded in .jpg format only
- If Date of commencement of pre-packing/import is more than 90 days ago which is a violation of 27/32.You have to deposit late fee of Rs. 5000/-(per Director + one company)
Mandatory Documents to be uploaded
- Licence for trade / manufacture / Factory / Lal Dora certficate from MCD/NDMC/DDA etc. In case the MCD licence is not available with the applicant, an undertaking in the form of affidavit is to be submitted that the business premises is not located in non-conforming area and / or is not likely to be sealed by the MCD or relocated
- Residential Address proof of the proprietors/directors/partners like voter ID card, passport etc
- GST/Sales Tax registration
- Packing material / Slip /Sticker/ Label which is being pasted on the packages
- Memorandum of Association of the Company,Partnership deed in respect of Partnership firms
- Import-Export Code
- Passport size photograph (all Directors/all Partners/Proprietor)
- Proof of commercial area
- Receipt of Offences for which challaned and whether it is compounded
After submitting the complete application by the applicant along with the requisite fee, the concerned LMO of the concerned Zone visits the premises of the applicant and if the functioning of the firm found as per guidelines of the department, he recommends the application for granting the license / registration to the competent authority through the concerned Zonal officer. Thereafter the competent authority after scrutinizing grants its approval / rejection. On grant of license, automatic SMS alert and e-mail is sent to the applicant on registered mobile number. Applicant can print license / registration certificate digitally signed by the competent authority online.
The Form Fields in General:
- Name of the applicant (Firm/Company)
- Complete address (including district) with PIN Code
- Warehouse Address with PIN Code
- Details of the packaged commodities being imported / to be imported
- Date of commencement of pre-packing/import
- Name & complete address of the registered office of the firm / partnership firm / company
- Maximum retail price (inclusive of GST) INR
- Date of manufacturing / packing / import
- Date of expiry in case of food items
- Net contents in terms of weights / volume / length
- Generic name of the commodity
- Quantities in which packing is made i.e below 5g, 5g, 10g, 20g, etc (Please specify if any)
- Whether the packing is made in standard quantities as specified in Rule 5 of Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities Rules, 2011)
- Whether the package is a combination package or group package or multi-piece package. Please specify
- Whether the package is a retail package or whole sale package
- Whether the package contains perishable commodity or food items
- Whether the packed items will also be exported out of country
- Whether the items are being packed for specific industry only as raw material. If yes specify
- Whether the package contains fast food items
- Whether the package contains any schedule / non-scheduled formulations covered under the Drugs (price control) order or any agricultural farm produces of 50 kg and above
- Whether the shop / factory / warehouse is located in area declared as residential / non-conforming?
- Whether the shop/factory is located in commercial area ? if Yes, attach proof
- Whether the shop / factory /premises is owned/rented
- Have your premises been last inspected by the inspector of W&M Department?
- Whether your firm has been challaned during the last three years for any violation of Weights & Measures laws. If Yes date of challan etc.?
- Offences for which challaned and whether it is compounded or not
- Mobile No
- E-mail Id
Documents to be produced at the time of inspection:
Document Name if file more than 2MB please reduce PDF file size
Licence for trade / manufacture / Factory / Lal Dora certficate from MCD/NDMC/DDA etc. In case the MCD licence is not available with the applicant, an undertaking in the form of affidavit is to be submitted that the business premises is not located in non-conforming area and / or is not likely to be sealed by the MCD or relocated
|2.||Residential Address proof of the proprietors/directors/partners like voter ID card, passport etc|
|3.||GST/Sales Tax registration|
|4.||Packing material / Slip /Sticker/ Label which is being pasted on the packages|
|5.||Memorandum of Association of the Company, Partnership deed in respect of Partnership firms|
Upload Photo (all directors/partners) Combine Multiple JPG files into one JPG file
Major Fee Structure highlighted below:
Fees for testing of model of weight or measure to be deposited. –
(1) The applicant shall, while making an application under rule 5, deposit fees in the form of a demand draft drawn in favour of the laboratory or through online payment towards testing charges of the laboratory in the following manner, namely:-
(i) rupees ten thousand for the testing of mechanical type model of weights or measures or weighing and measuring instruments;
(ii) rupees twenty-five thousand for the testing of digital or electronic type model of weights or measures or weighing and measuring instruments,
that are intended to be manufactured or imported for transaction or protection.
(2) The applicant shall deposit half of the testing fees as specified in sub-rule (1) for testing of the substitute material.”
Legal Metrology Approval of Models Amendment Rules 2019
LM National Standards Rules 2019
The LMPC Amendment Rules 2017
Connect for Business Facilitation
@ Team S.J. EXIM SERVICES I Team Q-FREIGHT
CP: Mr. Ravi Jha
Web: www.q-freight.com I www.sjeximtech.com
EMAIL: email@example.com I firstname.lastname@example.org
TEL NO: +91-9999005379
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sjeximservices I www.facebook.com/CCQFreight
“We Design & Create Solutions for Government, Corporates, MSME & Individuals across Industry Verticals”
NOTE: All Inquiries are solicited via email only. The Services are paid without any prejudice
Disclaimer: Please refer to the official Source before effecting any decision. We are not responsible for the data or notification published at the source; we are only reproducing the same for your Ease of Doing Business.
One Reply to “Easy way of obtaining the LMPC Registration in India”
You must log in to post a comment.